Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Classroom

OK....well should have posted this on Monday but here I am posting on Wednesday!

Monday was very busy for me! 

I had to be at Gammon Elementary by 12:30pm so that I could sit in on the Para interviews and help pick my 2nd classroom para.....that is an interesting position to be in and let me tell you it was hard to be the interviewer and not the interviewee!!!!  Well we pick one for my room and I found out on Tuesday that she accepted the position.  So it looks like I am staffed and ready to go!!!


After the interviews I was able to go back and see my classroom....this is the first time I have been in there and OMG it was super exciting and totally surprising!  I wasn't sure what to expect but I definitely got more than I had expected, which of course is awesome!!!!  Pictures will be attached to the post!  The classroom is still set up for summer school and my equipment hasn't been put inside yet, but you will get a good picture of what I am working with!!!  I'm super excited!

Now as I was leaving Gammon I was able to meet the para that they placed in my room from within the school....Now I am super excited!  I think that we will make an awesome team and that our room will run very smoothly.  She is also willing to come up during the summer and help me set up even though she will not get paid to do that!!!  This = AWESOME!!!!  LOL

After I left Gammon I had an appointment downtown at AMAC (District Main Building) for my Pre-processing appointment.  I got there and got the preliminary paperwork out of the way.  Then I went for my physical/ua and now I just realized that I forgot to go have my TB test read today!!!!  Go ME!!!! 

After the appointment I went back downtown to pick up some binders and papers that they were holding for me and I got a great shock!  They buy a large portion of perishable supplies for the classrooms at the beginning of the year - this I didn't expect and was intensely worried about how I was going to afford them (paint, construction paper, kleenex, craft sticks, cotton balls, etc.).   I also got a huge list of equipment that is waiting to be moved over to my classroom....I may post pics of the items at a later date but suffice it to say - holy cow there is a lot of stuff going into my classroom!!!! 

Now I know that I am ready, have the supplies to do pretty much whatever I want to do, and that I will have all that from the get go!!!  That makes everything so much easier to picture and to know that it will go well!!!! 

I will write again soon as I have to draw up my classroom and see where everything may go!!!!

Here are the pics of my classroom before I get to start working in there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! I'm so glad that you are here. Hope that you have a wonderful day! ~Kimberly