Thursday, July 29, 2010

OMG.....It has begun!!!!

Well lots of new stuff this last week!!!!!  Things are starting to rush on by!!!

Meeting on Thursday Afternoon went really well!!!  Got lots of information on the Food Service side of my job and how to help with paperwork!!  Ran into a good friend and got to know one of my paras better!

Tuesday afternoon I received some interesting news that affects everything that I have been worried about here lately!  We've been struggling and fighting to find a babysitter to cover things over the next two weeks and it has been a huge struggle!  My wonderful husband found out that his job will be moving to 3rd shift starting on Monday to accommodate the school that they are working on.  My hubby is a glass man and is replacing most of the windows in one of the large high schools here where we live and since the schools are getting busy they have to move construction to overnight.  Why is this good you may ask?  Weeeeelllllll, he is going to take care of our kiddos over the next two weeks.  I don't have to worry about who is going to watch them, transportation for who is watching them, and of course I don't have to pay anyone to watch them.  What a huge stress relief!!!  YAY!!!!

Now for Wednesday!!!  This was an awesomely busy day!!!  I started off to school at 7:30am with my boys in tow.  We went to see my classroom for the first time with my stuff in it.  The only problem------everything was still in its boxes......we spent 4 hours just opening boxes and checking things off of the list to make sure everything was there!!!!  Missing a few items, but will be working on those momentarily.  It felt really good to finally get in there and actually do something!

Also, enrollment started off today with a great big bang, and I so totally was not ready for it!!!  LOL.....the first 3 hours were a blur of which paperwork do the parents still need to fill out and which ones do they already have.....when do you want  a conference and when do you want staggered attendance.......how are you doing and yes I am the new teacher......yes this is a brand new program, etc, etc......thank goodness one of my paras was there with me during the chaos.  I do believe that I ended the day with a great knowledge for how the whole system is going to work and think that it will all be just hunky dory come tomorrow!!!  We will see!  On a lighter note, everyone seems so super excited to have a program at Gammon and all of their kids seem so excited to come to school and have fun!!!  I think ..... no I KNOW that we are off and running and I am ready for an awesome year!  Thank you to Connie for all the information and thank you to Jennifer for helping me out with my craziness!!!!  You guys are totally awesome!!!

Now I just wish that I could go back to sleep!!!!!  Everyone I will see you soon and I will be posting new classroom pictures soon as well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone! I'm so glad that you are here. Hope that you have a wonderful day! ~Kimberly